Pinterest is one of most popular online social networks where millions of users share photos, tutorials, and videos. It is the perfect place to get ideas for any project you could imagine. One of the most frequented categories for users is the wedding section. Now you might be a Pinterest pro and have every aspect of your wedding detailed in categorized boards, or your a newbie who just got confused at what a board was and why are we talking about it?
Pinterest is a wonderful tool for brides to manage their wedding, but there are some things to consider when using the site
We've seen the benefits and downfalls of this site first hand. And no, we aren't saying you shouldn't use it (because we are slightly addicted, too) we just want to share our pros and cons to be aware of on your wedding planning journey.
+ pro: the amount of pins is off the charts
Since it is so popular, users have access to an incredibly large amount of information. Anything you could think of likely has thousands ofposts.
- Con: It can be overwhelming
I've definitely been there when the pins are too much. It's easy to spend hours pinning hundreds of ideas, only to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of what you've ❤️'d.
+ Pro: There are helpful DIY tutorials
One of the best features on Pinterest is the DIY posts. Step by step guides can be found for hair, makeup, decorations, you name it! If you're wanting to save money or add more personalized touches, you will definitely find what you're looking for.
- COn: It all looks so easy
Doing things yourself can take up a lot of time and effort. Before you know it, you can have dozens of little projects and no time to finish them. We suggest finding one or two easy projects you can do with your bridal party or family, and leave the time consuming, labourous projects to the professionals.
Above is a good example of what to DIY and what not to. On the left, a simple tutorial (Find it here) for adorable centerpieces that are quick and cheap to make. On the left, an extremely time consuming project that's much better to just rent (read here). Both were labeled as "Easy, DIY".
+ Pro: you can see Dresses from all over the world
Another excellent benefit to the widely used site is the ability to see dresses from all over the globe. Thousands of big designers have dresses up on the site, as well as smaller brands. What results is a huge variety of styles to look at.
- CON: pins usually never shows the price
Most of those beautiful, inspiring gowns you see on Pinterest tend to be tens of thousands of dollars.
See how easy it is to fall in love with a dress that's the same price as a car! We recommend if you find a certain dress you love, try calling a store that carries it to see the price. After a while you will become more familiar with brands and which ones tend to stick within in your budget.
Photo Courtesy of The Knot.
+ PRO: You can have boards for every aspect of your wedding
It's now easier than ever to show vendors your inspiration, because it most likely is on Pinterest! Creating a board for every aspect of your wedding can give you clear idea to relay to your makeup artist, planner, etc. We are huge pinners, check us out by clicking here, or from one of the photos below!
- CONS: No wedding is as perfect as it seems
One of the biggest lessons to take away from Pinterest is that no wedding is perfect. Although it may seem like these big Pinterest bashes went off without a hitch, it's very likely there were a lot of behind the scenes work at play. It's important to expect some hurdles and have a backup plan. When you look back at it all, you'll only remember how special it was. Take each hiccup in stride knowing every bride has been through the same thing.
-XO, Tres Chic
- February 2018
- Jan 1, 2018 5 Wedding New Years Resolutions For Engaged Couples Jan 1, 2018
- Dec 1, 2017 Meet The Team Dec 1, 2017
- Nov 1, 2017 2018 Trends & fall favourites Nov 1, 2017
- October 2017
- Sep 20, 2017 Blog: Styled Shoot with Lisa Kopp Sep 20, 2017
- Aug 31, 2017 How to get the most out of wedding dress shopping Aug 31, 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 15, 2017 Dealing With Vendors Feb 15, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 Save or Splurge? Valentines date Ideas for every budget Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 23, 2017 Introducing: GREENERY, Pantone's Colour of the Year Jan 23, 2017
- Jan 13, 2017 Ti Adora Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 8 tips for picking vendors Jan 2, 2017
- Dec 17, 2016 How to Score Wedding Deals on Boxing Day! Dec 17, 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 30, 2016 Finding the Right Veil Apr 30, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 Tres Chic Bride - Amanda Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Top Spring Weddings Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Top 10 Reasons why you should get married in the Spring! Apr 9, 2016
- Feb 17, 2016 Let you shine through Feb 17, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 A casual photo shoot at the HCP gardens Jan 8, 2016
- Dec 27, 2015 An intimate "Italian Shoot" Dec 27, 2015
- Dec 19, 2015 A LITTLE SELF PAMPERING WITH SHARON RAI & RITA STEENSSENS Dec 19, 2015
- Dec 11, 2015 Winter Wedding Shoot Dec 11, 2015
- Dec 9, 2015 Real Bride - Krystine Dec 9, 2015
- Dec 5, 2015 Christmas at Tres Chic Bridal Dec 5, 2015
- Nov 25, 2015 Share a secret Nov 25, 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Aug 26, 2015 Tres Chic Bride - Lindsay Aug 26, 2015
- Jul 1, 2015 JULY IS TRES CHIC GIVEAWAY MONTH!!! Jul 1, 2015
- Jun 15, 2015 Sneek peek at what we've been getting up to... Jun 15, 2015
- May 2015
- Apr 25, 2015 SPRING SAMPLE SALE! Apr 25, 2015