A vendor is anyone you hire to make your big day possible. These can include your florist, venue, caterer, etc. Once you've hired them, whats the best way to achieve wedding day bliss? Here's a few tips for dealing with vendors.
First things first, Read your contracts thoroughly
Before you sign on the dotted line, we recommend you read the contract stipulations thoroughly. This is the time to ask questions and iron out all the details. We also recommend taking a copy home for your records and for accessibility. To read more on contract, click here to learn more.
- Write a shots list, which groups you want together and who to avid mixing.
- Tell your photographer if you want mainly candid, artsy, or portraits. The best way to communicate that is to show them your ideal photos from a wedding set you love. Highlight what you like about each photo to give your photographer the right idea.
- See if you can get an engagement shoot as part of the package. This will be a good time to also talk about style and what type of shots you like/ dislike.
- Tell your DJ what type of music you want, including some must-plays and of course, the first dance.
- Ask about Emceeing. Some DJ's are happy to follow a guideline for the night, and provide the transition between speeches. It's all a matter of what their preference is.
- Be sure to do a trial beforehand with all of your hair accessories. These can include your veil, headpiece, or flower pin.
- Work together to find your perfect look, and don't be afraid to be specific about what you want.
- If they won't come to the venue with you, buy or ask for some extra clips and pins just in case.
- Know what's in season, and be open to alternatives if the arrangements you want are too costly or too risky. Sometimes a specific flower can be shipped in, but their is no guarentee what the condition will be.
- Be clear about your budget, you don't want to fall in love with a fifty dollar bouquet because you didn't specify
- You should definitely feed your main vendors who are their for you whole day, they will appreciate it. They've probably been bending over backwards to make sure your day goes off without a hitch, and well fed vendors are happy vendors.
Have prepared tip envelopes for your wedding team. As stated above, some vendors have it included in the package, so make sure you check. If you're still unsure of who to tip and how much, click here for the rundown.
Be prepared for the worst. Vendors are people, so if you communicate and treat eachother with respect, you can make great things happen. If not...
Breaking up with a vendor
Sometimes things just don't work out. While you shouldn't drop a vendor at the first sign of trouble, if they continuously miss their mark even after several warnings, consider dropping them. In some cases you can get your deposit back, depending on your contract terms. To learn more, click here.
loving a vendor
If everything went smoothly, and you loved your vendor, write a review. Most vendors are small business owners, and positive feedback is instrumental in their success. If you are one of our brides, you can review us on google by searching "Tres Chic Bridal Boutique" and click "Write a Review." (We'd love you for it.)
-Xo Tres chic
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 15, 2017 Dealing With Vendors Feb 15, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 Save or Splurge? Valentines date Ideas for every budget Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 23, 2017 Introducing: GREENERY, Pantone's Colour of the Year Jan 23, 2017
- Jan 13, 2017 Ti Adora Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 8 tips for picking vendors Jan 2, 2017
- Dec 17, 2016 How to Score Wedding Deals on Boxing Day! Dec 17, 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 30, 2016 Finding the Right Veil Apr 30, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 Tres Chic Bride - Amanda Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Top Spring Weddings Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Top 10 Reasons why you should get married in the Spring! Apr 9, 2016
- Feb 17, 2016 Let you shine through Feb 17, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 A casual photo shoot at the HCP gardens Jan 8, 2016
- Dec 27, 2015 An intimate "Italian Shoot" Dec 27, 2015
- Dec 19, 2015 A LITTLE SELF PAMPERING WITH SHARON RAI & RITA STEENSSENS Dec 19, 2015
- Dec 11, 2015 Winter Wedding Shoot Dec 11, 2015
- Dec 9, 2015 Real Bride - Krystine Dec 9, 2015
- Dec 5, 2015 Christmas at Tres Chic Bridal Dec 5, 2015
- Nov 25, 2015 Share a secret Nov 25, 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Aug 26, 2015 Tres Chic Bride - Lindsay Aug 26, 2015
- Jul 1, 2015 JULY IS TRES CHIC GIVEAWAY MONTH!!! Jul 1, 2015
- Jun 15, 2015 Sneek peek at what we've been getting up to... Jun 15, 2015
- May 2015
- Apr 25, 2015 SPRING SAMPLE SALE! Apr 25, 2015