Bridal Shower planners, this ones for you. Whether you're the maid of honour, friend, or even the bride, we've got the hottest spots for a big bash.One of the biggest things to consider is the venue, so we've got to thinking of our favourite spots in Victoria that will guarantee a rocking good time. And we've also included a few DIY ideas that will take your party over the top. Are you ready to have a great time?
Modern mixer @ Parkside hotel
Wow your party with a soiree at The Parkside Hotel. Modern decor with colourful bouquets create a fresh feel. Make sure to stock the bar with the hottest liquor options and even create a signature cocktail to reflect the moment. Watermelon Tequila's anyone?
DIY Idea: Watermelon Tequila Lime Cocktails
Blend all ingredients together and split into four cups. Garnish with watermelon and Jalapeño's. Double or triple for more!
Recipe from Epicurious.com
- 3 1/2 cups watermelon pieces, frozen
- 1/2"-thick jalapeño slice, with seeds
- 6 ounces tequila blanco
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 cups ice
Photos by Kim Kalyn Photography
dive in to the Shaw center for the salish sea
What better way to celebrate than under the lights of beautiful aquariums? Bring your own caterer and enjoy the sights with a glass of bubbly. Picture your closest friends all gathered around with some Bobby Darin serenading you... under the sea.
Photos from Shaw Center for the Salish Sea
DIY Idea: Make message in a bottle favours
- Fill glass bottles with blue and white candy (jelly beans, rock candy)
- Write a personalized note that gets guests excited about the wedding
- Top with a cork and ribbon!
Photo from brides.com
Have a paint party with 4cats
Don't be afraid to get a little messy with a fun and entertaining class at 4Cats Studios. Create amazing art while making memories to last a lifetime. This is a perfect opportunity to make any DIY projects your wedding needs. It's also a great bonding experience for your bridal party!
Photos from 4Cats
DIY Idea: Handmade watercolour invitations
- Type up your information on MS Word
- Print and cut to size (5x7, 4x6)
- Utilize a cheap watercolour set to create custom patterns
Photo and tutorial at AndThenWeSaved.com
traditional tea with butchard gardens
Something delicious this way comes. Enjoy gourmet food set in the stunning gardens. There is a wide selection of spaces that can be used, so whichever you choose can be a start to creating a theme. Wine and cheese can compliment the Italian Garden, while tea and scones can create a vintage vibe in the Blue Poppy restaurant.
DIY Idea: Confetti Balloon for the Bride's chair
- Gather helium balloons, mod podge, and confetti
- Apply glue on desired sparkly areas and press confetti on over a large bowl
- Shake off excess, let dry, and string to the chair
Tutorial courtesy of StudioDIY.com
wine o'clock @ Church & state winery
This venue was actually recommended by one of our brides, and we are thrilled about it! Only 20 minutes from downtown, this winery offers events of all kinds close to home. Rustic but luxurious, Church and State can be the perfect backdrop to a spectacular shower.
DIY Idea: Wine bottle centerpiece/ Prize
- Clean an empty wine bottle (or two) and take off the label
- Tape off the section you want to paint and apply first coat
- Repeat for other layers, alternating colours
- Let dry and fill with a rose or babies breath
- Before the shower, place a sticker underneath one of the chairs at your table. At the end of the party, award the marked chair bearer with the centerpiece as a prize! Mark as many chairs as there are bottles!
Visit Homedit for the full tutorial
As you can see, a great shower comes with a great venue. Once you've decided where you'll throw it, the decor, drinks, and theme will just fall into place. So check out our suggestions, try out a DIY, and if you have any other venues we should know about, tell us in the comments!
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 15, 2017 Dealing With Vendors Feb 15, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 Save or Splurge? Valentines date Ideas for every budget Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 23, 2017 Introducing: GREENERY, Pantone's Colour of the Year Jan 23, 2017
- Jan 13, 2017 Ti Adora Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 8 tips for picking vendors Jan 2, 2017
- Dec 17, 2016 How to Score Wedding Deals on Boxing Day! Dec 17, 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 30, 2016 Finding the Right Veil Apr 30, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 Tres Chic Bride - Amanda Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Top Spring Weddings Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Top 10 Reasons why you should get married in the Spring! Apr 9, 2016
- Feb 17, 2016 Let you shine through Feb 17, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 A casual photo shoot at the HCP gardens Jan 8, 2016
- Dec 27, 2015 An intimate "Italian Shoot" Dec 27, 2015
- Dec 19, 2015 A LITTLE SELF PAMPERING WITH SHARON RAI & RITA STEENSSENS Dec 19, 2015
- Dec 11, 2015 Winter Wedding Shoot Dec 11, 2015
- Dec 9, 2015 Real Bride - Krystine Dec 9, 2015
- Dec 5, 2015 Christmas at Tres Chic Bridal Dec 5, 2015
- Nov 25, 2015 Share a secret Nov 25, 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Aug 26, 2015 Tres Chic Bride - Lindsay Aug 26, 2015
- Jul 1, 2015 JULY IS TRES CHIC GIVEAWAY MONTH!!! Jul 1, 2015
- Jun 15, 2015 Sneek peek at what we've been getting up to... Jun 15, 2015
- May 2015
- Apr 25, 2015 SPRING SAMPLE SALE! Apr 25, 2015