You got hitched, tied the knot, said "I-Do" . Now what?
First things first: take a deep breath
You've just celebrated one of the biggest milestones in your life, just relax for a few days and enjoy being married. After that...
clean your dress
Have your dress cleaned, and professionally! Nothing is worse than looking at your dress later and seeing stains that have now set.
review your vendors
Take the time to write reviews while your memories are fresh. Be honest, share lots of details to help out the next bride.
write thank you notes
Your hands may hate you, but your guests will appreciate it. Since it's such a big task, try to start early so you don't put it off.
if you want, change your name
Here is some information from the Province of British Columbia all about that.
sell/ return decor
The last thing you want is to have 50 centerpieces cluttering up space in your place. So get rid of them! See if you can return some, but for the rest you can sell them. There are some facebook groups for selling wedding related items, but you can also use sites like usedvictoria.com or craigslist.
order your wedding album
It may take several weeks to receive your album, so order sooner rather than later.
deal with finances
Perhaps you've lived together for years and it's no big deal, however if not, read this article. There are many options for joining finances to carefully consider. Another important note is to take care of legal things like beneficiaries and wills.
always try to be better
The first year of marriage can be tough. It's a whole new world and that can seem scary, but don't give up. Constantly work together and try to be better as a couple. Here are some tips.
While there are things to tackle right off the bat, don't forget the reason why you're both here. Enjoy the beginning of your new life, and cherish the little things that brought you together in the first place.
- Sep 20, 2017 Blog: Styled Shoot with Lisa Kopp Sep 20, 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 15, 2017 Dealing With Vendors Feb 15, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 Save or Splurge? Valentines date Ideas for every budget Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 23, 2017 Introducing: GREENERY, Pantone's Colour of the Year Jan 23, 2017
- Jan 13, 2017 Ti Adora Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 8 tips for picking vendors Jan 2, 2017
- Dec 17, 2016 How to Score Wedding Deals on Boxing Day! Dec 17, 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 30, 2016 Finding the Right Veil Apr 30, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 Tres Chic Bride - Amanda Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Top Spring Weddings Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Top 10 Reasons why you should get married in the Spring! Apr 9, 2016
- Feb 17, 2016 Let you shine through Feb 17, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 A casual photo shoot at the HCP gardens Jan 8, 2016
- Dec 27, 2015 An intimate "Italian Shoot" Dec 27, 2015
- Dec 19, 2015 A LITTLE SELF PAMPERING WITH SHARON RAI & RITA STEENSSENS Dec 19, 2015
- Dec 11, 2015 Winter Wedding Shoot Dec 11, 2015
- Dec 9, 2015 Real Bride - Krystine Dec 9, 2015
- Dec 5, 2015 Christmas at Tres Chic Bridal Dec 5, 2015
- Nov 25, 2015 Share a secret Nov 25, 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Aug 26, 2015 Tres Chic Bride - Lindsay Aug 26, 2015
- Jul 1, 2015 JULY IS TRES CHIC GIVEAWAY MONTH!!! Jul 1, 2015
- Jun 15, 2015 Sneek peek at what we've been getting up to... Jun 15, 2015
- May 2015
- Apr 25, 2015 SPRING SAMPLE SALE! Apr 25, 2015