Happy February! You know what that means: love, romance, chocolate and flowers! Whether you are embracing a new relationship, reflecting on years of committed love or gushing over a surprised proposal, celebrating your love is so important. There are many glamorous (read- expensive) ways to ring in the day of love, but there are also many ways to do it on the frugal side. We've gathered adorable date ideas for every budget, have a look!
photoshoot fun with flytographer
One of the greatest ways to celebrate your love is to do a photoshoot. Whether at home or away, the website Flytographer makes it easy to capture the love between you and your partner. This, “Canadian-based start up connects travellers with a network of over 300 local photographers in 160 destinations around the world.”
How it works? You type in your destination and the site matches you with photographers in the area. This is the perfect if you're taking a trip, or don't know any local photogs.
Prices start at $250
Fly away with me
The most magical adventure of a lifetime can be available right at home. Discover new sights from the sky with an unbelievable tour on Harbour Air. One of their exciting seaplane tours is the "Extended Panorama", a 35 minute fly over Victoria and the Gulf Islands, with breathtaking views of the Olympic mountains.
Prices from $109-$429 per person
impress with the empress
You've walked by it a million times, so why not see what the fuss is about? We guarantee a stay at the Fairmont Empress is the Valentine's treat you've been waiting for. Book a package deal and enjoy a couples massage, gourmet breakfast, and a welcome bottle of champagne. This is a perfect getaway, right in your own city.
Stays begin at $399
WIne not enjoy a wine tour?
Wine, food, and love, the only things you need in life. Wine not (get it? Because wine? I'll stop now) have all these things and have them in style with a wine tour! Enjoy a four hour retreat where you and your boo can cruise the Saanich Peninsula and stop at the hottest vineyards for some grape goodness. All this is available at Discovery Wine Tours, with an option to be picked up by a limo (um, yes please).
Prices from $300- $600
get lost and found with a Scavenger Hunt
This date idea is fun, mysterious, and hilarious! It requires a bit of effort, but is sure to be a big hit with your significant other. Start with where you want to end the hunt, in the backyard for a BBQ, at a restaurant you love, or somewhere that will lead to your next activity. Once you've solidified your end game, you can make the clues from last to first. Be creative and create clues based on your relationship. For more ideas, check out this link.
Photos from Pinterest.
Price: less than $20 for paper supplies
see the sea on a kayak tour
A great way to spend time together is by enjoying a unique view of the world- on the ocean! At Victoria Kayak, they offer the choice of having a guide, or going solo. Bring some snacks with you and you can enjoy them at the best dining table in the world! Afterwords, you can head for dinner at Tapa Bar where all the delicious plates are made for sharing (how romantic).
Prices start at $59 for double kayak
Knock 'em off their feet with bowling
Want a little retro romance? Throw back to the good ol' days with a round of bowling. Celebrate your strikes (or gutter balls) with a classic dinner of burgers and shakes. One of the hottest places to throw some balls is Langford Lanes. Just a quick drive from Victoria, and featuring bumping music and light shows, it's the fun choice for Valentines day.
Prices are $6.50 a person, plus food
Grab a bottle of wine, figs, cheese, and strawberries (conveniently aphrodisiacs) and have a feast fit for a loving duo. Whether you pull up a blanket a top a mountain, on a beach, or even in your own backyard, this date is sure to leave you both warm and tingly. February can get pretty cold, so be sure to snuggle up close for warmth. Bonus points if you use sparklers.
Price: Under $40 for food and wine
With a little planning, it's easy to create a romantic Valentines date night. There are plenty of options for every kind of budget, all you really need is love
Written by Lexi Redman with excerpts by Kira Starr
- Dec 1, 2017 Meet The Team Dec 1, 2017
- Nov 1, 2017 2018 Trends & fall favourites Nov 1, 2017
- October 2017
- Sep 20, 2017 Blog: Styled Shoot with Lisa Kopp Sep 20, 2017
- Aug 31, 2017 How to get the most out of wedding dress shopping Aug 31, 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 15, 2017 Dealing With Vendors Feb 15, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 Save or Splurge? Valentines date Ideas for every budget Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 23, 2017 Introducing: GREENERY, Pantone's Colour of the Year Jan 23, 2017
- Jan 13, 2017 Ti Adora Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 8 tips for picking vendors Jan 2, 2017
- Dec 17, 2016 How to Score Wedding Deals on Boxing Day! Dec 17, 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 30, 2016 Finding the Right Veil Apr 30, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 Tres Chic Bride - Amanda Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Top Spring Weddings Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Top 10 Reasons why you should get married in the Spring! Apr 9, 2016
- Feb 17, 2016 Let you shine through Feb 17, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 A casual photo shoot at the HCP gardens Jan 8, 2016
- Dec 27, 2015 An intimate "Italian Shoot" Dec 27, 2015
- Dec 19, 2015 A LITTLE SELF PAMPERING WITH SHARON RAI & RITA STEENSSENS Dec 19, 2015
- Dec 11, 2015 Winter Wedding Shoot Dec 11, 2015
- Dec 9, 2015 Real Bride - Krystine Dec 9, 2015
- Dec 5, 2015 Christmas at Tres Chic Bridal Dec 5, 2015
- Nov 25, 2015 Share a secret Nov 25, 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Aug 26, 2015 Tres Chic Bride - Lindsay Aug 26, 2015
- Jul 1, 2015 JULY IS TRES CHIC GIVEAWAY MONTH!!! Jul 1, 2015
- Jun 15, 2015 Sneek peek at what we've been getting up to... Jun 15, 2015
- May 2015
- Apr 25, 2015 SPRING SAMPLE SALE! Apr 25, 2015